Suzie’s Taco Soup
During the winter months, fresh produce is expensive. This soup recipe takes advantage of canned beans, corn and tomatoes.
SUZIE’S TACO SOUP
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 small or ½ large onion, diced
1 – 1 ½ pound package ground turkey
1 package Lawry’s taco seasoning
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
2 cans Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can chicken broth
1 bag tortilla chips
Grated Monterey Jack and/or Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
2. Add diced onion, cover pot and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Crumble ground turkey into soup pot and cook over medium heat until brown.
4. Stir in taco seasoning, chili powder, and garlic.
5. Add kidney beans, corn and tomatoes. Add broth (You can use more broth or add water if the soup is too thick). Heat soup.
6. Serve soup with tortilla chips and grated cheese on the side to sprinkle on top of soup.
Chicken stock, homemade
1 onion $.74
1.25 lbs ground turkey 5.99
Lawry’s taco seasoning .99
Kidney beans 1.00
Del Monte corn 1.00
2 cans Ro-Tel 3.58
Tortilla chips *sale* 1.99
Grated 2% cheese 2.99
Total: $18.28 / 4 =
$4.57 per serving